Posted by admin | Posted in Care Industry, FAS SafePass, First Aid, Health & safety Training, Training | Posted on 28-08-2012
Book your place now
CALL: 01-4243013 or 085-7177021
Click on CONTACT FORM
Now Booking for Occupational First Aid 3 day Course
Dates:Please contact us for details.
And 1 day Refresher First Aid for those who have completed Occupational FETAC Level 5 within the past 2 years can be arranged.
FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid Training Course Description
On completion of this Occupational First Aid course participants will be able to provide necessary first aid within the workplace, deal with emergencies and implement essential life saving skills (apply CPR and use Automated External Defibrillator) as required by the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid Course Content
- · First Aid in the workplace: legal requirements and the role of the First Aider
- · Patient Assessment: Primary survey, vital signs, protecting casualties with suspected neck injuries
- · Respiratory Emergencies
- · Cardiac First Response: The chain of survival; calling for an ambulance, starting CPR and using a Defibrillator.
- · Wounds and Bleeding: How to deal with blood injuries, how to recognise different types of wounds and how to treat them, minimising the consequences of internal bleeding.
- · Altered levels of consciousness how to treat shock and the recovery position. Treating a casualty with loss of consciousness.
- · Musculoskeletal Injuries: Treatment of broken bones, sprains, strains and dislocations.
- · Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock: causes and treatment of burns, electric shock & electrocution, poisoning.
Credit Value: 1
Guardian Safety is a FETAC registered training provider and all our trainers are fully qualified Occupational First Aid instructors registered with OFAAA (The Occupational First Aid Assessment Agent)
Course Duration 3 days
Maximum Participants per Course 10
The Training Centre, B2 Centre Point Business Park, Oak Road, Dublin 12
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wishes to train and be certified as an Occupational First Aider or anyone whose work involves care of others.
This is a highly interactive course with emphasis on practice and demonstration. Assessment is by written test and practical skills exam.
Basic life savings skills 40%
Examination (short answer question) 30%
Skills demonstration (x 2) 30%
An “Occupational First Aid FETAC Level 5” certificate is awarded to participants on successful completion of course.
Refresher Training / Certification Validity Period
Occupational First Aid certificate is valid for 2 years and can be renewed on completion of a 1 day refresher course.
How to book
Phone 01-4243013 or 085-7177021
Book on line Safe Pass Training Course